Beverage of choice with your favourite cigar
CJNIC
2005-03-11 06:08:41 UTC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.

Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...

On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.

Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?

Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...

Chris
Hutch
2005-03-11 06:32:30 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Rootbeer, coffee, tea, Gatorade.....and water with fresh squeezed
lemon or lime if I really want to check out the cigar.
Post by CJNIC
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Adds ? I think not. I believe that it does nothing more than not
interfere, or mask, the flavor of the cigar. FWIW, I find that acidic
beverages interfere less, while sweet ones may or may not be
complimentary accompaniments.

"I really think cigar smoking makes you smarter" P.J. O'Rourke
James
2005-03-11 06:36:11 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
IMO, those two are waaaaaay too overpowering for *any* cigar. Now if
you'd said something like a Macallan 12 year old, a Glen Farcla, or
the like, I would have agreed. ;-)
Post by CJNIC
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Never had cognac. Have to try it out sometime.
Post by CJNIC
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Just had a tooth pulled this afternoon that didn't come out easily.
The aching pain is fucking intense! Drinking a 12 year old Macallan
and puffing on a CAO Black to help get rid of the pain.
Post by CJNIC
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
At times, I enjoy ice colde water with a cigar. Clears the palet
almost like nothing else can...
-James
Dr. Hardcrab
2005-03-11 11:24:59 UTC
Post by James
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
IMO, those two are waaaaaay too overpowering for *any* cigar. Now if
you'd said something like a Macallan 12 year old, a Glen Farcla, or
the like, I would have agreed. ;-)
I'll second the Macallan.

I got introduced to single malt scotch about a year ago. I have had all
different kinds since then but always come back to the Macallan 12......
Ramos Cigars Try the Best
2005-03-11 11:35:13 UTC
Was already showing the cutest beauty. That like a fine cigar would age
to perfection under the care of a styleman.

:)/

http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
Nathan Hess
2005-03-12 00:32:53 UTC
Post by Dr. Hardcrab
Post by James
IMO, those two are waaaaaay too overpowering for *any* cigar. Now if
you'd said something like a Macallan 12 year old, a Glen Farcla, or
the like, I would have agreed. ;-)
I'll second the Macallan.
I got introduced to single malt scotch about a year ago. I have had all
different kinds since then but always come back to the Macallan 12......
I'll third the Macallan. But once you've had the Macallan 18, you'll
never dream of going back to that gutter water 12...

--woodstock
--
It's funny how you can go through life thinking you've seen
everything... Then you suddenly realize there are millions of things
***@austin.rr.com '`
m***@rock.com
2005-03-12 00:35:42 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
JTS
2005-03-12 03:14:47 UTC
Post by Nathan Hess
Post by Dr. Hardcrab
Post by James
IMO, those two are waaaaaay too overpowering for *any* cigar. Now if
you'd said something like a Macallan 12 year old, a Glen Farcla, or
the like, I would have agreed. ;-)
I'll second the Macallan.
I got introduced to single malt scotch about a year ago. I have had all
different kinds since then but always come back to the Macallan 12......
I'll third the Macallan. But once you've had the Macallan 18, you'll
never dream of going back to that gutter water 12...
I'll fourth it. You are all correct in my mind. The 18 year is stellar,
but my wallet tells me to go back to the 12. Hell, I love 'em both!
Marc J. Schneiderman
2005-03-12 16:33:09 UTC
Post by JTS
I'll fourth it. You are all correct in my mind. The 18 year is stellar,
but my wallet tells me to go back to the 12. Hell, I love 'em both!
Actually, older doesn't mean better in scotch. When a scotch peaks in
the barrel, then it's ready. That might be 8-10-12+ years. After it
peaks, it starts deteriorating. Putting together older scotches from
different barrels doesn't make it a better product. Yes, they add more
food coloring to darken it, implying age. But if the scotch came from a
blond wood cask, a 20 year scotch might still have a pale straw color
when bottled. Don't be fooled by older, darker, etc.
CigarBaron
JTS
Maybe. But the 18 years old Macallan is better than the 12 year old.
Marc J. Schneiderman
2005-03-13 13:59:34 UTC
Post by Marc J. Schneiderman
CigarBaron
Maybe. But the 18 years old Macallan is better than the 12 year old.
I'd never argue with someone's taste preference. But, especially at a
bar, is the extra flavor worth the buck? I drink Oregon Pinot yet have
4 mixed cases of Romanee Conti 1985 and 1990. Some 98s. For me to open
one it must be a Bernie Special Occasion. Bang for the buck with
dinner, the Oregons satisfy the bang for the buck but certainly the
Romanees are stupendous. OK, sometimes I'll open a Dujac :-)
CigarBaron
François Yves Le Gal
2005-03-13 14:10:27 UTC
Post by JTS
Maybe. But the 18 years old Macallan is better than the 12 year old.
It is. But the 25-year and older vintages are much more expensive, not
better.
m***@rock.com
2005-03-13 15:40:18 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
Nathan Hess
2005-03-12 18:16:10 UTC
Post by Marc J. Schneiderman
Post by JTS
I'll fourth it. You are all correct in my mind. The 18 year is stellar,
but my wallet tells me to go back to the 12. Hell, I love 'em both!
Actually, older doesn't mean better in scotch. When a scotch peaks in
the barrel, then it's ready. That might be 8-10-12+ years. After it
[...]
CigarBaron
Point taken. In fact, Mac 18 is way better than Mac 25, usually at 1/2
or less the price.

--woodstock
***@austin.rr.com '`
a***@fadmail.com
2005-03-13 19:52:32 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
MLF
2005-03-12 22:41:04 UTC
"Marc J. Schneiderman" <***@telerama.com> wrote
Don't be fooled by older, darker, etc.

Thanks, but I never am.

Michael Fermanis, Sticking to the straw colored.

***@RICEsprynet.com
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)
CRESCENT CITY CRAWFISH CIGAR CRAWL - http://nolaccccc.tripod.com
March 31 - April 3, 2005
Alex W.
2005-03-12 23:37:44 UTC
Also applies to turkeys and ladies?
s***@walla.com
2005-03-12 23:42:32 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=337
James
2005-03-13 07:04:06 UTC
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:33:09 -0500, "Marc J. Schneiderman"
Post by Marc J. Schneiderman
Post by JTS
I'll fourth it. You are all correct in my mind. The 18 year is stellar,
but my wallet tells me to go back to the 12. Hell, I love 'em both!
Actually, older doesn't mean better in scotch. When a scotch peaks in
the barrel, then it's ready. That might be 8-10-12+ years. After it
peaks, it starts deteriorating. Putting together older scotches from
different barrels doesn't make it a better product. Yes, they add more
food coloring to darken it, implying age. But if the scotch came from a
blond wood cask, a 20 year scotch might still have a pale straw color
when bottled. Don't be fooled by older, darker, etc.
CigarBaron
Marc, you need to visit Alaska and sample some of my 33 year old Glen
Rothes. Truly remarkable stuff!
-James
Marc J. Schneiderman
2005-03-13 14:02:13 UTC
Post by James
Marc, you need to visit Alaska and sample some of my 33 year old Glen
Rothes. Truly remarkable stuff!
--
-James
Might be worth the trip! :-)
CigarBaron
Marc J. Schneiderman
2005-03-12 16:29:25 UTC
Post by Nathan Hess
I'll third the Macallan. But once you've had the Macallan 18, you'll
never dream of going back to that gutter water 12...
--woodstock
--
Try a barrel strength scotch malt whiskey. You'll find it hard to go
back to Macallan anything (including their barrel strength.) You'll

If you're into scotch, try The Scotch Malt Whiskey Society.

CigarBaron
CapitalistPig
2005-03-12 21:12:48 UTC
Post by Marc J. Schneiderman
Post by Nathan Hess
I'll third the Macallan. But once you've had the Macallan 18, you'll
never dream of going back to that gutter water 12...
--woodstock
--
Try a barrel strength scotch malt whiskey.
...or for a similar effect...stick your Blazer down your throat and
spark it! ;-)

Baron damn near killed me with one of those!
--
Rob -

Privy Counselor for Sorority Outreach - Guns for Nuns, Inc.
dlorr.home.att.net

www.cigarcrawl.com ? www.burghherfers.com
m***@rock.com
2005-03-12 21:38:03 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=337
Marc J. Schneiderman
2005-03-13 14:03:10 UTC
Post by CapitalistPig
...or for a similar effect...stick your Blazer down your throat and
spark it! ;-)
Baron damn near killed me with one of those!
--
Rob -
I don't remember searing your throat with a blazer. :-)
CigarBaron
MLF
2005-03-12 22:39:43 UTC
Post by Marc J. Schneiderman
If you're into scotch, try The Scotch Malt Whiskey Society.
Great! Now I have another newsgroup/listserver I don't have time to read.

Michael Fermanis ***@RICEsprynet.com
TimE
2005-03-11 14:19:23 UTC
Can you say dry socket? Then you will know what pain is.
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 14:20:27 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
skippy
2005-03-11 14:27:36 UTC
Post by TimE
Post by James
Just had a tooth pulled this afternoon that didn't come out easily.
The aching pain is fucking intense! Drinking a 12 year old Macallan
and puffing on a CAO Black to help get rid of the pain.
Can you say dry socket? Then you will know what pain is.
Yeah but if there is too much grease on the socket and it slips, that is
pain. Ouch my knuckles. <he he>

Just kidding man. Never have had one but have a coworker that had to work
through it and she was in much pain..

Rick
SkyhawkXP
2005-03-11 14:31:14 UTC
Post by TimE
Post by James
Just had a tooth pulled this afternoon that didn't come out easily.
The aching pain is fucking intense! Drinking a 12 year old Macallan
and puffing on a CAO Black to help get rid of the pain.
Can you say dry socket? Then you will know what pain is.
No kidding..you should take a day or two off from smoking and let that
hole heal. Dry socket is no fun, you think you got pain now......<g>
--
SkyhawkXP
Seize the pleasures of the moment,
without concern for the future
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 14:37:04 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
coolbluewater@gmail.com
2005-03-11 08:03:01 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when
smoking their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
When I'm doing a review, I'll only drink water, believing it won't affect
the taste.
When I'm relaxing with a stogie, it's usually Bushmills, Chevas or Remy
Martin.
The Box
2005-03-11 08:53:28 UTC
I mostly like the bourbons. Knob Creek if I'm on a budget or its a
mild cigar, but usually it's Blantons or Bookers. If you can find it,
the best drink I have ever had is Wild Turkey "Tribute". There were
only 5500 made, but if you can find one, it is worth the $100 price tag
(seriously).

For you scotch lovers, I recommend Arberlour A'bunadh. I don't even
really like scotch but I love this one. It's different, strong (don't
cut it) and addicting.

I love booze

chad
dotzman
2005-03-11 15:18:48 UTC
Post by The Box
I mostly like the bourbons. Knob Creek if I'm on a budget or its a
mild cigar, but usually it's Blantons or Bookers. If you can find it,
the best drink I have ever had is Wild Turkey "Tribute". There were
only 5500 made, but if you can find one, it is worth the $100 price tag
(seriously).
For you scotch lovers, I recommend Arberlour A'bunadh. I don't even
really like scotch but I love this one. It's different, strong (don't
cut it) and addicting.
I love booze
chad
I too am a big bourbon fan. My current favorite choice is Woodford
Reserve, but I'm a big fan of Knob Creek also. Makers Mark is my lowest
budget choice.

Dotzman
u***@yahoo.com
2005-03-11 09:10:08 UTC
Beer.
u***@yahoo.com
2005-03-11 09:11:42 UTC
Japanese rot-gut whiskey by the name of Torys.

4 liters for about 2,800 yen (about 25 bucks US).
SkyhawkXP
2005-03-11 13:42:38 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
Nothing too fancy here. If alcohol usually an american beer or Absolut
and grapefruit. Usually lean more toward Coke, rootbeer, or Orange
soda though. Although I am not a big wine drinker, TimL port was a
nice side as well...expecially if combined with a TimL mooch cigar!
<g>
coolbluewater@gmail.com
2005-03-11 14:05:07 UTC
Yes! Port rocks!
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 14:19:52 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
King of Harts
2005-03-12 02:35:19 UTC
TimL port was a nice side as well...expecially if combined with a TimL mooch cigar!
--
I concur with that!! :o)

Alas, I am all out of TimL porto :o( and have instead been working my
way through a bottle of Trader Joe's Aberlour 10 yr. single malt.

KoH
btorvik2
2005-03-11 14:27:37 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when
smoking their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
Ah, a man after my own heart...special occasions, cognac and cigars.

Usually I have a pepsi with my early evening cigar and then cognac and decaf
with my late night smoke.

bernie
TimE
Water, 15 years sober. Coffee or diet pop once in a while.
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 14:23:31 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
skippy
2005-03-11 14:49:01 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
Diet coke or 7&7 if it is late in the evening.

Rick
Brian
2005-03-11 14:57:28 UTC
Post by CJNIC
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Depends on the mood really... I like tea or coffee with cigars at
times, at others a fine liquor or nice glass of a big red fits the
bill.

I don't like sodas or juice with cigars; to me it intereferes with the
taste (as do liquors and wines... but I find that more pleasant).

I guess my all-time favorite liquor with a cigar (forgive me, I've
posted this in reponse to this topic numerous times) is a small glass
of Delamain Cognac to sip on... the older the better :-). That
Cognac has a wonderful dry and crisp flavor that only compliments even
a mild cigar.
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 15:13:08 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Sandy K.
2005-03-11 15:22:32 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
My wife drinks Lagavulin - unfortunatley, according to a number of local
liqour stores, it's in short supply - I haven't seen it on the shelves since
last spring.

I generally will have a bottle of water by my side when having a cigar -
cleans the palate. My buddies are big wine drinkers, so there's always a
bottle of some kind of red around. I prefer rum - dark rum - I've just
about knocked off a liter of Captain Morgan Black Label from Jamaica.
sometimes I'll open a bottle of diet Peach snapple. For me, I prefer water
or strong flavored beverages.

Sandy K.
dotzman
2005-03-11 15:31:25 UTC
Post by CJNIC
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
My standard procedure is to take a can of Diet Coke and a glass of water
outside with me when I go smoke during the day, and Diet Coke and a
glass of bourbon with 2 or 3 ice cubes with me when I go smoke at night.
I kinda test all of the tastes a bit because some cigars just don't
work with some beverages, while others complement each other very well.

The best thing about water, no matter what else you're drinking and
smoking, it that it cools and clears your pallate a bit. Especially
near the end of a cigar I've found that if you swish some cold water
around in your mouth it lets you get better taste the cigar. YMMV.

Dotzman
Alex W.
2005-03-11 23:17:43 UTC
Post by dotzman
work with some beverages, while others complement each
other very well.

I don't know why people like Diet Coke (or Pepsi) with their
cigar. The artifical sweetener has such an overpowering
taste, it ruins everything else for me.
Post by dotzman
around in your mouth it lets you get better taste the
cigar. YMMV.

Try adding a slice of lime or lemon to the water; it
enhances the cleansing effect.
m***@rock.com
2005-03-11 23:20:34 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
Alex W.
2005-03-11 15:49:26 UTC
Post by CJNIC
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I
especially enjoy an XO
Post by CJNIC
Cognac with my Cubans.
If you get the chance, do try the Seppelt XO brandy. It's
not French, but it's a pretty decent dram. I tried it at
the cellar door last July and ended up buying a whole
bottle, it was that good. Nice and smooth, just the thing
to go with a Cuban (YMMV).
Post by CJNIC
that insist it adds more flavour...
I like flavoured water, anything astringent ... lemograss
and ginger, elderflower, lime and ginger, etc. I want
something to clear the palate, and I find that often, strong
alcohol anaesthetises the tongue.
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 16:41:31 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Moods
2005-03-11 16:58:30 UTC
Post by CJNIC
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
I usually drink rootbeer or cream soda with cigars.

Brands of choice -
Point Root Beer
Sprecher's Cream Soda

both good wisconsin brews
Moods
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 16:59:06 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Moods
2005-03-11 17:00:04 UTC
Post by Moods
I usually drink rootbeer or cream soda with cigars.
I must also add green tea with honey. I prefer an Asian brand called Oishi,
but usually drink Arizona Kettle Brew in the states.

Moods
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Alex W.
Green tea is good, thanks for the reminder.
nedtovak
2005-03-11 17:18:19 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
Nowadays I *always* have a brew or two with cigars. Not too fussy here
just as long it's a brew. However I should mention that I mainly smoke
in my basement theater and I just so happen to have a kegerator there as
well.

Years ago when I used to smoked Lacrona 400's it was blackberry brandy.
Haven't had a 400 in years and in so forth haven't had any blackberry
brandy either.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75
Dr. Hardcrab
2005-03-11 17:30:45 UTC
Post by nedtovak
Nowadays I *always* have a brew or two with cigars. Not too fussy here
just as long it's a brew. However I should mention that I mainly smoke in
my basement theater and I just so happen to have a kegerator there as
well.
Years ago when I used to smoked Lacrona 400's it was blackberry brandy.
Haven't had a 400 in years and in so forth haven't had any blackberry
brandy either.
Ah! You bring back memories:

Had the hots for a girl in high school and she asked if I wanted to go to a
concert at the college with her. While at the concert, she breaks out a
little half pint bottle of Old Mr. Boston's Blackberry Brandy. (bleh!) Got a
buzz, but didn't get "lucky". (O.K., it WAS the first week of high school!)

BTW, to give you an idea how long ago it was, it was Argent in concert......

And if it's bad
Don't let it get you down, you can take it
And if it hurts
Don't let them see you cry, you can take it

Hold your head up, hold your head up
Hold your head up, hold your head high

And if they stare
Just let them burn their eyes on you moving
And if they shout
Don't let them change a thing what you're doing

2005-03-11 17:33:54 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Lee
2005-03-11 17:37:48 UTC
Post by Dr. Hardcrab
Post by nedtovak
Nowadays I *always* have a brew or two with cigars. Not too fussy here
just as long it's a brew. However I should mention that I mainly smoke in
my basement theater and I just so happen to have a kegerator there as
well.
Years ago when I used to smoked Lacrona 400's it was blackberry brandy.
Haven't had a 400 in years and in so forth haven't had any blackberry
brandy either.
Had the hots for a girl in high school and she asked if I wanted to go to a
concert at the college with her. While at the concert, she breaks out a
little half pint bottle of Old Mr. Boston's Blackberry Brandy. (bleh!) Got a
buzz, but didn't get "lucky". (O.K., it WAS the first week of high school!)
Orange Vodka, Guess Who concert at University of North Dakota while in high
school. Got lucky enough. <g>
Post by Dr. Hardcrab
BTW, to give you an idea how long ago it was, it was Argent in concert......
And if it's bad
Don't let it get you down, you can take it
And if it hurts
Don't let them see you cry, you can take it
Hold your head up, hold your head up
Hold your head up, hold your head high
And if they stare
Just let them burn their eyes on you moving
And if they shout
Don't let them change a thing what you're doing
Hold your head up, hold your head up
Hold your head up, hold your head high
--
³Be an inverse paranoid ‹ assume the world is out to do you good²
- Jack Canfield
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 17:42:25 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Dr. Hardcrab
2005-03-11 18:01:38 UTC
Post by Lee
Post by Dr. Hardcrab
Post by nedtovak
Nowadays I *always* have a brew or two with cigars. Not too fussy here
just as long it's a brew. However I should mention that I mainly smoke in
my basement theater and I just so happen to have a kegerator there as
well.
Years ago when I used to smoked Lacrona 400's it was blackberry brandy.
Haven't had a 400 in years and in so forth haven't had any blackberry
brandy either.
Had the hots for a girl in high school and she asked if I wanted to go to a
concert at the college with her. While at the concert, she breaks out a
little half pint bottle of Old Mr. Boston's Blackberry Brandy. (bleh!) Got a
buzz, but didn't get "lucky". (O.K., it WAS the first week of high school!)
Orange Vodka, Guess Who concert at University of North Dakota while in high
school. Got lucky enough. <g>
YOU BASTARD!!!!!!

;-]
- Jack Canfield
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
Lee
- Jack Canfield
Demonick
2005-03-12 17:08:59 UTC
Post by Lee
Orange Vodka, Guess Who concert at University of North Dakota while in high
school. Got lucky enough. <g>
Rum and Coke and chocolate chip cookies while watching man's first
steps on the moon. Got decidely unlucky and quite literally lost my
cookies. Could not even smell chocolate chip cookies without nausea
for over a year.

Demonick
Time to stop the madness, become manly men
2005-03-11 17:31:10 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=400
pbutlerm
2005-03-11 20:52:26 UTC
I normally go for a brandy, mostly spanish: Cardenal Mendoza, Luis
Felipe, and Gran Duque de alba. if no brandy in sight, then a good old
Chivas 12y makes my day.

Patrick
Chris
Walter Luffman
2005-03-11 21:16:19 UTC
Post by CJNIC
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie.
If you're talking about enjoying Stogie, I sincerely hope you're just
talking about reading his posts.<g> For that, I recommend something
with lots of alcohol -- and perhaps a spew-filter over the screen, to
make cleanup easier.
Post by CJNIC
And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
If I'm taste-testing a new or special cigar, water is all I'd ever want
to drink; anything else might interfere with the cigar itself.

If I'm just smoking a cigar for enjoyment and relaxation, I'll drink
whatever I'm in the mood for -- hot coffee or a coffee drink, iced tea,
a soft drink, something harder, or water. Or perhaps nothing at all.
--
Walter Luffman Medina, TN USA
Amateur curmudgeon, equal opportunity annoyer
s***@walla.com
2005-03-11 22:47:10 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/styleman/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1
GWB
2005-03-12 03:47:04 UTC
Anything but milk.
Father Dale
2005-03-11 23:14:50 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Coffee. No, make that GOOD coffee.
--
Father Dale, RangeMaster
Guns for Nuns, inc.
soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
m***@rock.com
2005-03-11 23:18:11 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
Nathan Hess
2005-03-12 00:31:21 UTC
With my finest cigars, I enjoy sipping from my stash of Hennessey
Paradis Extra. My favorite smoke was a Cuban MonteCristo #2 with a
triple pour of Hennessey Richard. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

--woodstock
***@austin.rr.com '`
Bill Berris
2005-03-12 01:39:25 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when
smoking their cigars.
Just depends on my mood...

Coffee is always a possiblity - I think I have Sumatra (Peets) and Kenya AA
(Tully's seasonal release) right now.
Iced tea
Sparkling water of some kind
Beer (Guinness, Beamish, one of the many tasty Rogue brews, or perhaps
something at BevMo I haven't tried yet...)
Plain old ice water
--
~Bill Berris
Modesto, CA
(Remove CLOTHING to reply!)
s***@walla.com
2005-03-12 01:46:18 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=323
p. clouston
2005-03-12 04:17:31 UTC
Post by CJNIC
I noticed that a lot of people writing reviews drink water with when smoking
their cigars.
Personally I love a fine Islay single malt whisky like Lagavulin or
Laphroaig...
On special occasions (or when I can afford it) I especially enjoy an XO
Cognac with my Cubans.
Just curious to know what others are drinking when enjoying their finest
Stogie. And does it affect the flavour and experience of your cigar?
Personally, I dont like to drink water with a cigar, but I do have friends
that insist it adds more flavour...
Chris
I've been enjoying red wine lately. It doesn't overpower the cigar, a
more complimentary flavor. I really like beer, but I find that hoppy
beers tend to clash with cigars. Water works for me during the day.
m***@rock.com
2005-03-12 09:39:44 UTC
http://groups.msn.com/FreddiePrinzeSr/miquelofwashingtonheights.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=325
dotzman
2005-03-13 20:17:43 UTC
Post by p. clouston
I really like beer
Really? :)
Post by p. clouston
but I find that hoppy beers tend to clash with cigars.
Right on brother, I think. I'm not particular enough to know
exactly which beers taste hoppy, but I know that my favorite
premium sorta-mass-produced beer, Anchor Steam, kinda ruins most
of the cigars I've tried it with. :(

Dotzman
a***@fadmail.com
2005-03-13 21:43:20 UTC
STEP UP LIKE A FUCKING MAN, YOU INSULTED MY WIFE.

YOU ARE ONE MOTHER FUCKIN LOSER.

YOU AND THIS GROUP CAN GO FUCK ITSELF, DON'T WORRY LEGIONS AND SPAMMERS

FROM NYC ARE WAITING.